Two FREE vacant storefronts are available for immediate occupancy in the ground floor of the Harbor Garage in Downtown Boston facing Atlantic Ave and out to the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway for arts/craft gallery or craft retail store. The goal is to get these spaces occupied before the holiday season.
- The New England Aquarium is behind the building, close to Financial District, 10 minute walk from Downtown Crossing, the North End, the Greenway Carousel, near Rose Wharf and next to Harbor Towers residential buildings.
900 square feet & 1,500 square feet in each of the two storefronts: large windows, great light, many walls for hanging art work. Outdoor sidewalk space for a cafe or display may be available. Each space has a bathroom and one space has a full kitchen too.
The Arts tenant will pay only insurance and utilities; rent is free, month-to-month basis. (Spaces will probably be available for 2 years )
See attached photos
Recommendations on the spaces: .
All improvements are at the artists expense and is done by the arts group: painting walls, cleaning rugs, keeping the space clean, daily sweeping of sidewalk
- Should have retail experience running a retail operation or gallery
- Must be open 5-6 days a week from 10-7 PM
- Windows need to be open and lights on the space in the PM. ( the present film on the windows will come down)
- Work should be juried by the operator.
- 2 people should be in the retail space at all times.
- Have marketing experience & knowledge of social media.
- Ideally the space will be open by Thanksgiving.
- Exterior signage be approved by BRA
Deadline for Submissions: Friday, November 15th
- Concept Plan for space
- Ability to insure space and pay utilities
- Submit past work if you have run/ or managed a retail space
Contact Randi Lathrop, Director of Business Development (617) 918-4302 or email@example.com if you are interested in making a proposal to use the space for arts/crafts retail/gallery uses.